For many people, trees are an automatic, self-sustaining part of our world. Trees are a source of shade, air conditioning and visual appeal that is “just there” – often overlooked, and sadly taken for granted. The fact is that trees in our developed environment present a challenge, requiring careful planning and vigilant maintenance. The shared public trust of governments, businesses and homeowners is responsible for tree plantings that grow, thrive and remain safe. When a problem occurs – if a tree causes damage or becomes a public safety hazard – a source for advice and mediation is often needed, we are here to be your Bay Area Arborist and help you with all your landscaping and tree care needs.
This is the role of the consulting arborist. To bring a comprehensive, objective viewpoint to the diagnosis, appraisal and evaluation of arboricultural issues. Consulting arborists can serve a variety of needs for:
- Lawyers – Expert witness testimony in cases involving damage or injury related to trees
- Insurance Companies -Appraisals of tree value in property claims
- Developers, Planners and Landscape Architects – Evaluation of the environmental impact of development; long-term planning for placement and maintenance of trees; inspection of plant material; and information on the preservation of existing trees
- Municipalities – Evaluation and planning of long-term public plantings
- Homeowners – Full-service consultation for evaluation, planning and preservation of trees
Please call or email City Arborist Tree Care to discuss your pruning needs.